Monday, June 24, 2013

I Run for ......

Dick's Sporting Goods recently finished up a thirteen week series of videos.  The campaign was called "What do you run for?".  Each week they posted a very inspirational video of why this person or group of people ran.   I  somehow came across this right at the beginning and followed it religiously.  Here is a link to these videos:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=20154356&ab=ACR1_ASpot_RunFor

These videos were very well done.  They were very inspiring stories and I took something away from every one of them.

These videos got me to thinking why do I run?  Well I hate to say the initial reason I started to run was ice cream.  I love all kinds of ice cream.  Mayfield, Edy's, Breyer's, and even the store brands.  Publix makes some awesome ice cream by the way.  Their Chocolate Trinity is one of the best ice cream flavors I have ever had.  I am sure you can already tell I have a passion for this subject.  In fact I just finished a bowl of a new flavor called Breyer's  Orange Creamsicle ice cream.  Wow,  why didn't they think of this before?  This ice cream literally tastes like someone opened up a box of Creamsicles and put them in a carton of ice cream.  Again I digress.  You have to know by now I really like ice cream.

So that was the initial reason.  I was getting a little larger than I would like to be and knowing the ice cream passion was not going away anytime soon something had to give.  My running regimen began.  What started as a superficial reason for starting to run opened up a new world for me.  I feel better.  I think better.  I see the world better.  I have accomplished goals I never thought were possible.  After being a runner for a couple of years now, I am even more in awe of the people telling their stores for The Dick's Sporting Goods series.  It makes me want to continue running and the motivation from these people's stories makes it a little easier to run that extra mile or to get up on that cold winter morning knowing that each mile is making be a better person, physically, mentally and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment