Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chick Fil A Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce: This Stuff Rocks!

Several years ago I discovered a wonderful condiment that Chick-Fil-A offers for Lunch and Dinner.  It's their Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce.  It's got a unique taste that's great for putting on most of the chicken Chick-Fil-A serves.  This is not the sauce that comes in the plastic dipping container.  This sauce comes in a ketchup type package.  I assume that means Chick-Fil-A thinks it is only being used as a condiment for their Grilled Chicken sandwiches.  In fact we use it on their nuggets and even dip their waffle fries with it. I've been known to even put some on my finger and eat it straight from the package.



This sauce is not something that Chick Fil A voluntarily hands out. You have to ask for it.   My oldest loves this sauce and begs for as many packets as she can from the Chick-Fil-A cashier.  Unbeknownst to her once she got a lot of these packets from a young male cashier that thought she was cute. We also once ordered a party tray of the nuggets and got a good supply of the sauce to last several weeks.  

I am not exactly sure what is in it.  I did some research on line and found out we are not the only ones that have a passion for this sauce.  Apparently there are people with knock off recipes for this sauce.  According to the knock off recipes the main ingredients are honey and Dijon mustard. 

All I can say it's good stuff.  One thing I have not tried this sauce is with breakfast.  With it being Chick -Fil-A Free Breakfast Day next week, (yes, I got a reservation before they stopped them!)  I have already reserved some Chicken Mini's.  Hmmm....that might not be a bad combination.  Perhaps I will give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. Try Bullseye Original BBQ mixed with Kens Honey Mustard at about 50/50 and thank me later.

    ReplyDelete