Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Y'all I think I Was Wrong About Y'all 97.3



On Saturday I did my usual long run.  This long run was ten miles at Veteran's Park/Spain Park.  I had my IPod with me but instead of listening to the music on my IPod I listened to Y'all 97.3.  Yes I know several weeks ago I was not that impressed with the station.

Y'all Ready For Some New Stations?

As I wrote in that post I thought the concept was interesting but thought it was a little repetitive with the older songs.  

Over the past few weeks I have listened to the station mostly when I am at the gym or when I am running.  I have to say now that their library has expanded the station is fun to listen to.  I enjoy hearing songs I have not heard in awhile.  I enjoy hearing the new songs that are out but yet I don't have to hear those songs every hour.  Right now the song that's getting run into the ground is Blurred Lines.  I was ok with this song at first but I have quickly become tired of it.  That's been the story lately. I hear a song first on XM and like it.  Sometimes I even buy it on iTunes.  But then, the commercial stations get a hold of it and they play it so much I get sick of hearing it. Then I regret ever buying it.

Y'all is a good balance of music.  I know that right now they are playing music without commercials and I know that is only temporary.  But it has been reported they are not going to have announcers which I hope means no wacky morning crew.  Yes, when you have a wacky morning crew and commercials then you get about two songs on your commute.  At least with Y'all it will mean a little more music.  

I think this station has a chance of succeeding if they continue to remain quirky and not take themselves too seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment