Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It's All Greek For Me

I know Chobani has been in the press lately because of a less than stellar handling of a recall on some of their products due to some sort of mold that was causing their containers to bulge and to not smell and taste so good.  I am sorry that happened to them.  I am however happy that I had not purchased any of the recalled product.

A couple of years ago I was introduced to Greek yogurt.  At that time I was a regular yogurt eater.  I was a little skeptical of the Greek yogurt at first but thought I would give it a try.  The texture is different than regular yogurt.  It's a little thicker.  The flavor is a little more intense.  Both of these characteristics I really liked.  I started with a couple of flavors at first (strawberry, blueberry and peach).  

What I like most about Greet yogurt is it fills you up and it tastes really good.   It's a pretty satisfying snack.  I have branched out to several other flavors.  Apple Cinnamon  is my favorite.  I also like Mango, Pineapple, and Strawberry/Banana.  Lemon is pretty good as well.  Key Lime is awesome!

I like the nutritional aspect as well.  The extra protein in Greek yogurt is a plus.  The calories are about the same as regular yogurt.  Some of the Greek yogurt brands  seem to be a little more natural.   If you have not tried Greek yogurt I would suggest giving it a try. Although Chobani is good, there are other brands I like. A lot of other companies have gotten on the Greek yogurt band wagon.  The Yoplait 100 brand is pretty good and so is Dannon Oikos.  I am not as big a fan of the Greek yogurt ice cream. I tried the Ben and Jerry's flavors once and I did not like it. Something got lost in the translation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment