Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It's a Smaller World

I got a package this past week from England.  I think this might be a first for me.  The package was a book that is not available in the United States.  I bought it through Amazon so I did not have to calculate exchange rates. It was a relatively painless process.  I even got the book in a couple of weeks.

It is truly amazing how much easier it is to interact with people we have never met.  It might be simple things like trying a recipe from a blogger on the West Coast.  Then contacting them via email, Twitter or Facebook letting them know you tried their recipe and liked it.  Most of the time you get a note back.  

I liked a page on Facebook from someone over in England who has a famous cat named Bob.  People from all over the world post pictures of cats that look like Bob.  They call them bobblegangers (for those of you that watch HIMYM it's the same as doppelgängers).    I have a cat that looks like Bob and I will occasionally post pictures of him.  I get "likes" from people whose names I could never ever pronounce.  

I still find it fascinating that when I post something there are people from all parts of the world that have a chance to read it.  I wonder what they think about some of the things I write about?  Are there things that I say that get lost in translation?  More than likely yes.  But, if most of my points or comments get across and the person on the other end gets a good laugh or learns something new then I have set out what I wanted to do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment