Thursday, September 12, 2013

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

The movie Paul Blart:  Mall Cop is one of my guilty pleasures.  It's a very hokey predictable movie.  I've seen it several times.  If I am flipping through the channels and it is on I will usually watch it. It's somewhat permanently etched into my brain.  I even let out a chuckle if I am at the Galleria and I see there are mall cops around.  Especially if they are on a Segway.  

There's a lot of good one liners in the movie.  Here are a few of my favorites.

"Peanut Butter:  It fills the cracks of the heart."
"Safety never takes a holiday."
"No one wins with a head butt"
"The mind is the only weapon that doesn't need a holster"

The lines are all delivered so seriously which makes them even more humorous.  


I did some research on the movie.  The film was shot at an actual mall in the Northeast.  The film was shot during the summer but the film takes place around Christmas.  People who shopped at the mall were a little shocked at seeing Christmas decorations in July.  Also some of the windows in the mall featured swimsuits instead of winter apparel.  I found out by looking at IMDB.com there are a lot of movie goofs in the movie. Next time the movie is on I will have to look for them.

I do like serious movies but sometimes I just want to watch something goofy.  So give me The Three Amigos, The Waterboy, and yes Paul Blart: Mall Cop!




No comments:

Post a Comment