Monday, August 5, 2013

Baking Blogs Test Drive Result: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes

One of the things I love the most about the Internet is the stage it gives creative cooks to present their ideas.  I stumble upon recipes to try all of the time.  Sometimes I try ("test drive") the recipe on my own with the help of my wife or daughter.  Sometimes I know the recipe is out of my area of expertise and I forward the suggestion to my wife and if she is equally intrigued by the recipe she will try it.

This past week I liked the Reese's Facebook page.  They posted a recipe from a blog called "Mom on Timeout".

Mom on Timeout Website


The recipe was for Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes.  What could you not like about these?  You have cheesecake AND you have Reese's Peanut Butter cups.  Wow,  I have to say these were really good.

Here's a link to the recipe.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes

I love cheesecake but sometimes I think people get too ambitious with what they do with cheesecake.  I especially see this at the Cheesecake Factory.  They have a large selection of cheesecakes on their menu.  They all sound great but when I try some of them they fall flat for me.  For example, once I ordered Key Lime Cheesecake.  I love Key Lime Pie and of course I love Cheesecake. Why would I not like this?  It was too much for me.  I think the combination of both of them together made it interact negatively making it disappointing.  Recently I went to Cheesecake Factory and went the basic cheesecake with strawberries.  It was a more pleasurable experience for me.

The Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes were a good balance.  You had your cheesecake with the added surprise of a Reese's Peanut Butter cup in the middle.  Here's a picture of the end product. 



 I give these two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment