Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's Your Responsability To Spell Check

About a week ago the local high schools had their first football games.  This week did not count.  They call them "jamboree" games.  There was one particular game that created a lot of buzz.  Unfortunately not for the actual football game but for a sign the Hoover Bucs football team ran through.  The sign read "Hoover Football Cannot Be Held Responsable For Ruffled Feathers".



I have no idea how this spelling error was missed.  Especialy knowing that several eyes saw the banner while it was being made.  I am not the one to cast stones toward the persons that made the error as I am no Rhodes Scholar when it comes to spelling and grammar.  

Actually, I feel somewhat responsible as I was in Hoover High School a couple of weeks before this game and saw the cheerleaders working on a banner.  I remember smelling that familiar permanent marker smell. I am not sure if it was THE banner but it might have been.  If only I had taken the time to actually look at the banner I might have been able to save some embarrassment to the school.  Or would I?  See I went to high school at one of Hoover's cross town rivals.  My oldest currently attends another cross town rival high school of Hoover.  Frankly the site of that orange and black makes me a little sick to my stomach.  Even with all of this said I would have more than likely taken the high road and made the call out.  

Who knows how it got past everyone at the school. However, I am pretty sure going forward several faculty members will be stopping by the poster making area checking the grammar and spelling for any future banners that are displayed.  I am also sure there will be a few of Hoover's opponents who will more than likely have signs mentioning this gaffe.  I am looking forward to see what their opponents will come up with.   Hmmm...maybe I should print up some t-shirts with #RESPONSABLE on the front.











No comments:

Post a Comment