Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Welcome Back Twinkies!

This past week I was reintroduced to all of the Twinkie products that were away from us for awhile. There was a huge endcap at the local Wal Mart a few weeks ago and I meant to buy some then but did not.  So this week I took the plunge .  I got one box of Twinkies and one box of their Cupcakes.  The Twinkies were exactly as I remembered them.  Of course I did not eat them plain.  I put a Twinkie in a bowl and put chocolate ice cream over it.  If you have never tried this I would highly recommend it.  As the chocolate ice cream melts it is absorbed by the Twinkie.  You would think the Twinkie would get too soggy but it doesn't. It's a nice occasional indulgence.


The other product I tried was their Cupcakes.  These I just eat straight.  I have not had one of these in years.  It was pretty good.  The classic was seeing my youngest biting into one for the first time.   You could tell he did not know there was creme filling in the middle.  The expression on his face was priceless.



I am glad to see the Twinkie's products are back.  I thought the whole national outcry when they went away was a bit much.  Especially the people who hoarded them and tried to sell them on Ebay.  However, it would have been a bummer if we had lost these.  I have to admit I was not a huge consumer of these but now that they are back I plan to put them in the occasional "treat" rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment