Monday, August 26, 2013

Slacker: Part Two

This is one of these posts that I write for the benefit of me.  My hope is that it will motivate me a little more in getting back on track.  Last week did not go as I had planned.  I hoped to make it to the gym.  But it was not meant to be.  School started last week for my children and that seemed to throw me off my schedule.  I had a few other obligations that were not really legitimate excuses on why I could not work out.  However I did a good job of convincing myself that they were.

I ended up not going near the gym the entire week.  I did get off my butt on Saturday for a run.  It was a struggle.  I got out to the trail a little later than I wanted to and it was already pretty humid.  I ran for 6.5 miles.  It was not the best run for me, but at least I did get out there.  However, I felt it the rest of the weekend.  It's amazing how quickly your body can forget that running 6.5 miles should be pretty easy.  I should be able to run at least 10 miles.

Here's hoping this week will be better.  I have mapped out a realistic workout schedule.  I have mixed in some cross training with a spinning class and some weights.  I have three runs scheduled.  Two runs of around three miles either outside or on an indoor track and one long run for Saturday.  I hope to report good news next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment