Monday, July 29, 2013

Ode to Biscuitville


My travels to North Carolina a few weeks ago led me to a restaurant I have passed by for over a decade.  The restaurant is called Biscuitville.  According to their website they have over 50 restaurants in North Carolina and Virginia.  They open up early but close around 2:00. 

Here is a link to their website:


Every time I go up to that area of the country I see the signs on the Interstate for their restaurants but never stopped.  I always say they must have good biscuits if they call themselves Biscuitville.  Well, this past trip the planets were in the correct alignment and I stopped at one. 

When I walked into the restaurant they had an older lady who looked like my grandma.  She was at the front counter making the biscuits.  They did not have her hidden in the back like most other restaurants.  I knew right then I was in store for a treat.  The restaurant was very busy.  All the people that worked there were very nice. 

I have to say they make a pretty good biscuit.  I went for the basic sausage biscuit so I would have a benchmark with the other fast food chains (Hardee's, McDonalds, Chik Fil A.  Etc).  Biscuitville easily had the better biscuit.  You could tell it was fresh.  It was the perfect texture.  It was very flaky but not too flaky and definitely not "doughy" (that's probably not a word, but you know what I mean).  The sausage was perfect. Again, you could tell it was fresh just ike the biscuit. 

I find myself now craving another biscuit from there.  I also want to try the other items they have on their menu.  


But alas, it will more than likely be several months, maybe even a year before I am back to that area of the country where they are lucky to have Biscuitville's. 

I am kicking myself for not stopping there sooner.  That made me think I should be more daring in my travels.  Instead of stopping at the traditional stops I plan on looking for the different out of the ordinary stopping places.  I know sometimes the result might not be as perfect as my stop at Biscuitville but it's a chance I am willing to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment