Monday, July 15, 2013

Phone and Email Survey



Yes, I know that I have expressed my annoyance of the telemarketer. However, I have to say that I really love a good phone survey. Sometimes I even like a good email survey. I especially like the surveys you get from companies that you have done business with. There is a limit to how much I can take of a survey if it is too long and if I sense that the survey is really a telemarketer incognito, then I will stop the survey. However this did backfire on me once. I got a call to test drive a car for several weeks. I told them I wanted to check it out before I said yes. It turned out it was legit. I called back several times to commit and they had already gotten the sampling they needed. Opportunity missed.

Why do I tolerate these calls and not others? Well, I feel like these calls are actually used by the people who have asked the survey to be conducted. Several months ago I got a call about my opinion of local television news. The survey was very detailed and specific to a certain local television station. A few weeks after the survey was conducted this station made personnel changes. I have to think this survey had something to do with the changes they made.

I also know that when I get a survey from an establishment I have done business with and I do not rate something high, I will get feedback based on my rating on what the establishment can do to make the situation better.

I subscribe to Consumer Reports and I always fill out the survey each year. It always amazes me on the results they get from that survey. They always seem to be on the mark when I look at a product I have purchased and their rating results. 

There is one survey I would love to get called for that has not happened yet. How do yo get on the call list for Family Feud? I always scratch my head at some of the results of their surveys.

Survey says ! 

Well maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment