Monday, July 22, 2013

Oreos


I know that Oreos are really bad for you but I really like them.  I like them straight out of the package.  I like to dunk them in milk.  I like them mixed in with other desserts.  I especially like them crumbled up in ice cream.  For the most part I like the new flavors they have come out with.  Peanut butter, mint, and orange dream sicle are all good.  The only one I am a little skeptical of is watermelon.  How could that be good?  However I have not tried it yet so the verdict is out on that flavor.

The past couple of weeks I have come across two recipes that had Oreos in them.  These are definitely "outside the box" recipes that I had to try.  One was this amazing recipe. I got this from Kevin and Amanda' Recipes 

You start with a base layer of chocolate chip cookie dough.  Then you add a layer of Oreo Double Stuffs.  Then you add brownie mix on the top.  It's like a dessert lasagna. 






The ones I made did not turn out as pretty as the ones they did but you get the idea.



As Cousin Eddie said in the National Lampoon Vacation movies "That's some gooood eaten Clark!"


The next one is baking an Oreo cookie inside a chocolate chip cookie.  I got this from Picky Palate. I have not completely mastered this recipe yet. 

Here is the link to the recipe:


It's at lot harder than it looks getting the correct proportion of chocolate chip cookie to Oreo cookie.  Thus the reason for no pictures. The one we made looked a little weird. The first batch we made had too much chocolate chip cookie.  The chocolate chip cookie recipe was a little too salty. It said use a teaspoon of Kosher Salt.  I may have used the wrong measuring tool...not really sure.    This recipe will definitely be in the rotation but next time we might just use pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough. 

I am always on the lookout for creative recipes that involve Oreos so if you have any feel free to pass them along.  

No comments:

Post a Comment